If I can do it in 60 seconds or less than I will do it right away instead of waiting for later.
That was my mom’s New Year’s resolution. Now that it’s a month and a half into the year, I should ask her if she’s sticking with it. Although I didn’t steal her idea for my resolution, I’ve thought about it a lot and I find myself taking that approach – well OK, not all the time or maybe not even close to all the time, but more than I used to! And here are some things I’ve found that I can do in 60 seconds.
- Put dirty plates/cups in the dishwasher instead of just the sink.
- Empty the dishwasher instead of just pulling a cup out to use. (Not including the utensils, that takes an additional 60 seconds.)
- Make my bed.
- Put the toilet paper roll on the toilet paper holder thing.
- Put the vacuum away instead of leaving it in the living room. Actually putting most anything away takes 60 seconds or less.
- Sort through the mail and throw away the junk instead of just putting it on the table.
- Put the laundry away instead of leaving it folded in the hamper. (Each person’s takes about a minute.)
- Fill out a school form and put in their backpack or write the info down on the calendar and throw the paper away instead of putting it in a pile to deal with later.
- RSVP to an invitation.
- Reply to an email.
- Wipe off the counters.
- Take the trash outside instead of overstuffing the trash can. (Well, mentally I know that’s true… I don’t think I’ve actually tested this yet… I usually keep stuffing until Jeff comes home and takes it out…)
I’m sure there’s more I can include, but typing this is reminding me of the pile of mail that I dropped on the table including an invitation that I need to RSVP to and the dishes in the sink that I left… so I press on…
…but all of our laundry is put away after I spent 2 hours at the laundromat doing a week’s worth of laundry and all of our beds are made!
♥Becki, imperfect manager of time
P.S. one thing that I definitely cannot do in 60 seconds is to check Facebook or look something up on Pinterest!
P.S.S. In less than 60 seconds you can leave a comment of something you are able to do in 60 seconds or less!